The Glasgow 2018 Swimming European Championships are coming Tollcross International Swimming Centre between the 3rd & 9th of August!
As such, the Aquatics Competition Team are looking to recruit teams of 11 members, aged between 14-18 year olds from local Scottish Swimming Clubs to become “Athlete Kit Carriers”. This role involves;
- Retrieving Athletes kit boxes from the pool deck during each race.
- Returning them to the kit collection area.
- Keeping it safe until the Athletes are ready to collect it after their race.
- Member(s) of the team will also be responsible for collecting Athletes accreditation from the final call room.
Who is eligible?
- Aged between 14 – 18 years old (as of January 1st, 2018).
When will you be required to volunteer?
- Friday 3rd August – Thursday 9th August.
- Morning or Evening session (TBC closer to time)
- Training day at Tollcross (TBC closer to the time)
Why should I put my name forward?
- Unique voluntary experience that will stand out on a CV (or further education application).
- Amongst a handful of people allowed access to the pool deck
- Up close and personal with the best swimmers in the world
- All team members will be given a uniform unique to the event
- Interact with new people your age (who knows you might make a friend or two!)
- Chance to be on TV!
Scotia ASC would LOVE to be able to submit #teamgreen for this event, however we need 11 interested individuals, so please consider applying. I personally undertook this role during the 2014 Commonwealth Games and it has been one of proudest, most enjoyable experiences of my life. I made new friends, worked in a team environment and got to meet a variety of famous swimming faces.
If you could like to be part of this amazing opportunity to volunteer, let me know by no later than Wednesday 10th Febuary (by email or in person). This will give me time to fill out the official team application form for Scotia A.S.C.
If you have any questions please let me know.
P.S. If we have swimmers interested, however not quite 11, I will speak to M&B and Kirkintilloch Swimming Clubs to see if we can band together and submit a team.