Scotia Amateur Swimming Club is seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to lead the Scotia ASC coaching team in the delivery of a high-quality coaching framework to its 120+ swimmers.
Scotia ASC is committed to developing its swimmers into skilled, competitive athletes who enjoy a challenge and aspire to achieve their potential. The club currently caters to a wide variety of abilities ranging from pre-club development to National Champions, with the aims of British qualifiers in the near future. The successful candidate will be expected to provide skilled leadership to support the Clubs strong future and build on its current successful strategic plan.
Scotia ASC is primarily based at the Leisuredrome, Bishopbriggs and utilises other facilities within East Dunbartonshire where appropriate. The post requires a time commitment of 10 hours coaching per week plus attendance at appropriate competitions/ team events and management commitments throughout the year.
How to apply:
Prospective candidates can find a role descriptor of this position below.
To apply please email a copy of your CV to Scotia ASC’s Club Secretary on: email@example.com.
To arrange an informal chat or to find out additional information, please email the address above.
Closing Date 10th March 2017
To download a copy of the role descriptor, please click here : Scotia ASC Role Descriptor – Head Coach
Scotia ASC Head Coach Role Description
147 Balmuildy Road, Glasgow G64 3HD
||Athletes, Club Volunteers & Coaching Team
||UKCC Aquatics Swimming Coaching Level 2
||Minimum of 10 hours per week
||Dependent on experience
||Permanent following successful 6 month probationary period
|MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Responsible for planning and delivering all training sessions to Scotia ASC’s performance squad (excluding land conditioning)
- Oversee and direct all coaches and poolside volunteers within Scotia ASC to create a safe, professional working environment
- Work with the Club Manager in coordinating coaching to ensure cover for all training sessions, competitions and other events is achieved
- Work with the squad coaches and Club Manager to produce a progressive, inclusive training plan across all squads
- Plan a suitable annual competition calendar for each squad, targeting appropriate competitions for both the long and short course seasons
- Work with the Club Manager in providing a clear development pathway for all swimmers from pre-club development through to the performance squad and monitor squad progression, oversee squad promotions and give feedback on progression were appropriate
- Communicate effectively with all members of Scotia ASC including the coaches, swimmers, committee and parents.
- Attend and contribute to Committee meetings (where appropriate)
- Lead all scheduled coaches’ meetings (where appropriate)
- Assist the Club Manager in monitoring squad attendance & implementing any actions resultant of poor attendance.
- Lead the coaches and committee in directing the future of Scotia ASC
|THE HEAD COACH WILL:
- Provide a nurturing environment where swimmers can work towards their goals
- Support the coaching team in their development
- Deliver an excellent training plan to the performance squad through sound coaching methods
- Have excellent communication, time management and leadership skills
- Embrace and abide by the Club’s guidelines and policies, including child protection
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism when carrying out club responsibilities
- Strive to develop the coaching teams’ skills through education such as completing CPD opportunities and lead by example
- Promote a healthy lifestyle and provide advice on sports science topics (i.e. nutrition/injury/recovery/training adaptions) to swimmers if appropriate.
|REIMBURSEMENT OF EXPENSES:
- This post is contracted on a self-employed basis
- Coaches meal ticket supplied by Club Entries Secretary for competitions when requested
- Compensation for weekend cover at competitions available – requested through Club Manager at the end of each month
- Other expenses (i.e. hotel stays for competitions/ travel) to be agreed with Committee prior to event.
- 10 hours coaching per week…
- Plus, attendance at appropriate competitions, team events and management commitments throughout the year.